Big trip - 10 days
Experience a different 10 day holiday in the land of Greek mythology while staying on a large farm in Chelmo illuminated by the flame of Olympia and the magical aura of the Oracle of Delphi, where you will learn about Greek culture and Plato's philosophy on “The Good Life”.
Healthy meals, made from the produce of the vegetable garden and fruit orchards of the farm, will be served, as well as herbal teas from local varieties of herbs. You will discover virgin pathways and magical rivers and the crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Corinth.
They will entice you away from your daily routine while the peaceful way of life of the farm will change your perspective giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the philosophy of ancient Greece.
You will stay in self-contained stone cottages situated on natural ponds, a swimming pool fed by a natural spring, fruit trees, and surrounded by the many farm animals.
- Day 1 You will be picked up from Athens International airport or the port of Patra and transported to the farm where you will be welcomed at the café by the host family. You will then have the opportunity to relax and have a meal.
- Day 2 After breakfast, you will visit various points of interest and natural beauty, (the Byzantine monastery built inside a cave, the cave lakes, and a traditional neighboring village. Break for lunch and coffee. Horse riding can also be arranged. Return to the farm for a rest, and a traditional supper.
- Day 3 After breakfast we will leave on a fishing trip on a typical Greek fishing boat called a Trechantiri for a swim on the island of Trizona. We will have lunch at a local tavern where we will be able to taste the local snacks over a glass of ouzo. Return to the farm for a rest and a light evening meal.
- Day 4 You will spend the day at the farm where you will be able to help with the milking of the cows and goats,tree- pruning, care of the vegetable garden, traditional cooking and baking, and building projects. Afternoon rest and relaxation around the natural pool. Dinner.
- Day 5 After breakfast we will depart for Ancient Olympia , birthplace of the Olympic Games. A guided tour will be conducted by an official guide. Then we will walk in the mythical forest of Strofilia where you will learn about the mythology of this area. Picnic Lunch. Return to the farm for a rest. Later a philosophical discussion will be held by a Philosopher/Archaeologist on the beliefs of the philosophers Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and Epicurus on “The Good Life” . You will have the opportunity to listen to music from ancient Greece while drinking the nectar of the Gods, followed by dinner.
- Day 6 You may stay at the farm or go for a swim at the seaside. Traditional Lunch at the farm. Massage with herbs. Relaxation and a light dinner.
- Day 7 After breakfast, we will go trekking in the Voraiko gorge followed by a light lunch, and a visit to the traditional village of Zachlarou. Return to the farm for a rest and dinner.
- Day 8 Breakfast. Choice of activities; swimming in the sea, horse-riding, rafting, extreme sports, off-road 4x4.Rest and dinner.
- Day 9 After breakfast, a farewell get together will be held, and you will leave, on your journey home filled with energy and unforgettable memories. Transportation will be provided to the airport or port.